|Young people who have made a serious commitment to serving our country through the armed forces deserve our full support. Each year, many of these dedicated men and women seek to apply to one of the U.S. Service Academies.
How To Apply
Qualifications To Receive A Nomination from Congressman McKeon
- Apply to the academy of choice. An applicant can apply to as many academies as they choose.
- Have a nomination from an authorized nominating source. As a Member of Congress, I am authorized to nominate candidates. The President, the Vice President, and the Secretaries of the Army, Navy and Air Force are also authorized nominating sources. Applicants to the U.S. Coast Guard Academy do not require a nomination.
- Interview with Congressman McKeon’s Academy Interview Panel. These interviews will be held at College of the Canyons University Center on December 7, 2013. Students who have submitted their application will be contacted during the last week of November with an interview time. The interview panel will decide which students will receive a nomination by the end of January and students will be notified no later than April 15, 2014 of their appointment status. Students receiving offers should accept or decline no later than May 1, 2014.
- US Citizen and resident of the 25th district of California
- At least 17 years of age and must not have passed their 23rd birthday on July 1st of the year of entry
- Unmarried, not pregnant
- Good moral character
- Be academically competitive
- Be medically qualified
- Be physically qualified
The U.S. Service Academies recommend that high school students interested in applying for an appointment should contact the Academy of their choice in the spring of their junior year and apply for a congressional nomination during their senior year.
I invite high school seniors, university students, and military personnel who are interested in applying for an academy nomination to contact my Santa Clarita District Office with questions about being nominated for a service academy.